Michigan's Best Fishing Seasons 2017
Alaska / Belize Destination Fishing Seasons 2017
Michigan offers some of the best Steelhead, Trout, Salmon, and Smallmouth fishing in the country. Northwest Michigan is the center of this great fishing opportunity. Rivers such as the Manistee River, Pere Marquette River, Muskegon River, not to mention the great fishing to be found on Lake Michigan and some of it's best kept secrets such as "Trophy Smallmouth Fishing on Grand Traverse Bay" located by the lakeside city of Traverse City. Michigan offers year round fishing opportunities and below are listed peak time of the year for guided fishing in Michigan. Planning a fishing trip to Michigan with a fishing guide?
Guided Michigan Fishing on the Manistee River, Pere Marquette River, Muskegon River, Betsie and Platte Rivers, as well as Grand Traverse Bay.
Peak seasons book in advance. Most peak seasons will book from a couple weeks prior to a year prior to the date. Feel free to contact me about peak season opportunities. We do book several other guides and will do our best to get you on a great river on a great day to fish!
- Michigan Spring Steelhead Peak (March 20 - May 5) - Michigan's Spring Steelhead fishing starts in March with fresh runs of Steelhead from Lake Michigan. The spring run peaks in April, with good fishing remaining into May.
- Streamer Fishing Trophy Trout (April 15 - May 15) - Early April in Michigan is Trophy Trout time! Fishing big streamers and stripping flies across deep pools and near structure can produce a trout of a lifetime! When the water temps start to warm, so does the attitude of big trout.
- Grey Drakes / Iso's / Stones / Brown Drakes / Hex's (May 15 - July 5) -
June marks the annual Iso "Isonychia" (Slate Drakes on the Manistee river), the Hex "Hexaginia limbata" hatch (Pere Marquette River, Manistee River, and AuSable River), The Grey Drake "Siphlonurus" Hatch, and great fishing with "Giant stone flies" (Pteronarcys California) on our Michigan waters. If you are interested in booking a prime date in advance for great dry fly trophy trout fishing in Michigan (open days limited) call or e-mail for more information.
- Grand Traverse Bay Smallmouth Bass Fishing -
June 8 - Sept 15
- Fall Chinook and Coho Salmon Fishing - (Sept 1 - Oct 10) - Fall Chinook salmon fishing peaks in Sept and early Oct on the Manistee River. Coho salmon follow the Chinook salmon and peak in late Oct and early Nov.
- Fall Steelhead - This should not be missed! (Oct 10 - Dec 10) - This is some of the best fishing to found anywhere! These fish are awesome and provides some of the best fighting action of the fishing season. Fall Steelhead follow the salmon into the river sytem to feed on roe. Sight fishing in Oct behind spawning salmon, and fishing the pools below the spawning flats looking for eating machines is the name of the game.
- Winter Steelhead - (Dec 10 - March 1) - Winter fishing for steelhead can provide less fishing traffic and great fishing! Winter Fishing Special
- Hosted Fishing Belize - (Dec - May) - Looking to learn how to flats fish for Bonefish / Permit / Tarpon? Belize is the new hotspot in saltwater fishing opportunities. Belize offers a great warm weather escape to a tropical paradise for only a fraction of what you might pay at other saltwater destinations.
5421 E. Main St.
South Boardman, MI 49680
© Copyright 2017 Jon's Guide Service